- Make a Personal Puzzle - Cut an old photo into various different pieces and have them put it back together again.
- Egg & Spoon Race - Give your children a spoon and an egg and see how quickly they can cross the finish line without dropping it.
- Build a Fort - Drape blankets over chairs to create a cool fort. Once they're comfortable in their new abode, drop by with some 'fort warming' snacks.
- Cache In - Geocaching is a real-world, outdoor treasure hunting game! Participants register online and then try and find the hidden cache with the help of a GPS device.
- And...Action! - Putting on a play is a great way to exercise a child's imagination. They can take turns writing, acting, designing costumes and even filming.
It's often the simple things that stand out in a child's memory and sharing these special times with them will allow you to feel like a kid again too! Keep a special diary to record fun conversations and always make sure to have a camera on hand so you can treasure the moments forever.