There's no need to completely overhaul your home's exterior as it's often the little details that increase the visual appeal of a property. Here are some ideas that will dramatically improve your home's curb appeal:
- Perfect Porch - Wind chimes and a few comfortable chairs set a tranquil tone and solar lights will highlight your home and add a welcoming glow.
- Peeling Paint - You want buyers to see that your home is well cared for so paint or power wash the exterior and clean all of the windows.
- Accessorize - Replace outdated fixtures such as your mailbox, door handle and porch light and make sure your house numbers are attractive and visible from the street.
- Landscaping - Cut the grass and trim hedges and trees. Well kept flower beds show pride of ownership and a few large pots full of bright flowers will accentuate the entranceway.
- De-clutter - An uncluttered exterior is as important as an uncluttered interior so put away tools, toys, bikes and gardening equipment.
- Watch Your Back - When buyers drive by your home, they’ll usually try and get a glimpse of the backyard so make sure it also gets top notch treatment!
Just as people judge a book by its cover, buyers make assumptions about the interior of your home based on how the outside looks. It's therefore important to make a great first impression beginning at the curb. Your efforts will significantly increase the chances of your home selling quickly and for top dollar!