It's always good to be aware of the latest home trends especially if you're thinking about ways to make your home more desirable to buyers. Here are five of the top trends for 2013:
- All In the Family - Multi-generational living is sweeping the nation! Buyers are looking for homes that can accommodate their extended family in order to reduce housing and childcare costs.
- Smart Homes - Intelligent homes are no longer just for the rich and famous. Lights and blinds can be enabled remotely providing exceptional security and smart climate and light controls help save energy.
- Veg Out - Concerns over genetically modified food have encouraged people to add vegetable patches in their backyards. If outdoor space is limited, it's easy to grow tasty fruits and vegetables in containers.
- Pocket Offices - Portable devices make it easy to work virtually anywhere so even if your square footage is limited, you should still be able to transform a corner of the kitchen or even an oversized closet into a functional office.
- Going Green & Saving Green - Home buyers are more concerned than ever in green materials so they can enjoy a healthy, non-toxic environment. There's also growing interest in geothermal technology for heating and cooling systems.
The above trends are a result of both innovative technology and a desire to simplify our lives. Hopefully these ideas have sparked your creativity or at least given you some food for thought, especially if you're looking for ways to make your home more appealing to buyers when the time comes to sell.