- Keep it to Yourself - Never give out or display personal information such as addresses or phone numbers on sites or social media pages.
- Click Click Boom - Don’t click on unknown downloads or attachments as they could be inappropriate material or a virus.
- Facebook Never Forgets - Material on Facebook is recorded and archived and even if it's removed, someone may have already taken a screen shot.
- No Photos Please - Don’t post photos of people unless you have their permission as they can be shared and downloaded by others in an instant.
- Communication is Key - Cyber bullying is an issue that can quickly escalate so ensure your children talk to you immediately if they feel victimized.
- peeping.tom - Don’t allow your kids to meet up with anyone they've met online and remind them that people may not be who they say they are.
In today's world, children access the Internet from places other than just the family room so it's best to establish a mix of rules, levels of trust and open communication rather than simply relying on parental software. You'll be better able to protect your children from online dangers if they feel they're able to come to you and ask questions.